Tongue-Twisters یا زبان چرخان عباراتی هستند که بدلیل تشابه و نزدیکی تلفظ حروف آنها ,
ادا کردنشان بسیار سخت است . از این tongue-twisters برای بهبود مهارت
گفتاری برای کودکان و همچنین بزرگسالان استفاده میشود و در زبان انگلیسی هم میتوان بعنوان یک
نوع بازی و سرگرمی برای بهبود و سرعت بخشیدن به مهارت گفتاری بهره برد .از
tongue-twisters معروف فارسی می توان به شیش سیخ جیگر سیخی شیش هزار نام
این جمله سخت ترین تلفظ را در زبان انگلیسی دارد:
“Sixth Sick Sheik’s Sixth Sheep’s Sick”
میگن رکورد گینس دشوارترین تلفظ را گرفته است !!!
این جمله یک tongue-twisters است .
جملات زیر نمونه هایی از زبان چرخان ها در زبان انگلیسی می باشند :
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
Where’s the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
- Betty Botter bought some butter
But she said the butter’s bitter
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter
But a bit of better butter will make my batter better
So ‘twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter
- How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood
As a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood
- She sells seashells by the seashore
- How can a clam cram in a clean cream can?
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream
- I saw Susie sitting in a shoeshine shop
- Susie works in a shoeshine shop. Where she shines she sits, and where she sits she shines
- Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn’t fuzzy, was he?
- Can you can a can as a canner can can a can?
- I have got a date at a quarter to eight; I’ll see you at the gate, so don’t be late
- You know New York, you need New York, you know you need unique New York
- I saw a kitten eating chicken in the kitchen
- If a dog chews shoes, whose shoes does he choose?
- I thought I thought of thinking of thanking you
- I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch
- Near an ear, a nearer ear, a nearly eerie ear
- Eddie edited it
- Willie’s really weary
- A big black bear sat on a big black rug
- Tom threw Tim three thumbtacks
- He threw three free throws
- Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely
- So, this is the sushi chef
- Four fine fresh fish for you
- Wayne went to wales to watch walruses
- Six sticky skeletons (x3)
- Which witch is which? (x3)
- Snap crackle pop (x3)
- Flash message (x3)
- Red Buick, blue Buick (x3)
- Red lorry, yellow lorry (x3)
- Thin sticks, thick bricks (x3)
- Stupid superstition (x3)
- Eleven benevolent elephants (x3)
- Two tried and true tridents (x3)
- Rolling red wagons (x3)
- Black back bat (x3)
- She sees cheese (x3)
- Truly rural (x3)
- Good blood, bad blood (x3)
- Pre-shrunk silk shirts (x3)
- Ed had edited it. (x3)
- We surely shall see the sun shine soon
- Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?
- Fred fed Ted bread, and Ted fed Fred bread
- I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit
- A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk
- Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better
- Of all the vids I’ve ever viewed, I’ve never viewed a vid as valued as Alex’s engVid vid